Thursday, July 16, 2009

The proposal

She was sitting opposite to me. Charming as always. She skillfully used her fork and knife to cut the tender pieces of chicken in front of her. After cutting a small piece, she picked it up with her fork on the left hand and took it towards her mouth, and gracefully munched it. She then took a sip of red wine, which was as red as her lips.

I was not looking at my food. For once, the chicken didn’t interest me. But the gorgeous girl did. I was looking at her and was cutting the plate with my knife rather than cutting the chicken.

I didn’t know her much, but something in her pulled me towards her. It could be her charisma or elegance or whatever. She was sitting between her father and another guy in the twenties. He was filthy rich and was looking like he was controlling everything around there.

“They are going to get engaged”, my friend told me pointing her and the guy sitting next to her.

I looked at him once again. He looked arrogant to me. “Why do good looking girls fall for such an idiot?” I thought. I can definitely be a better choice than this person. On any given day.

“I should beat this person, whatever happens!” I told myself.

He stood up. He took his wine glass and made a sound with this knife to make an announcement.

“Hi all, I have a news for you. We are getting married” He said pointing towards her. He was full of joy and pulled her by her side and locked his lips with hers for a few seconds.

She pulled out of the lock, still with fork and knife in hand, looked a bit surprised, a bit confused, a bit amused, and a bit joyous. No one could really say what was going through in her mind. Just like any other girl!

She stood like a statue, trying to rollback her tears. She then looked at me, with a sorry look and stormed out of the room.

I ran behind her all the way to a big tree in front of her house. She sat there on a wooden bench.

“Don’t marry him” were my first words to her, still trying to catch my breath.

She looked up, even more confused than before and asked “Why?”

I thought about what I wanted to say for a second and said these stupid words “Because there are better choices”

“What? Are you nuts?” she asked

“Well, I am not asking you to marry me. All I am asking you is… not to marry him!” I said

“What? This is crazy. Why would you say that?”

I waited for a while so that she could face me. I saw her ever glowing eyes. If there was a big moment in my life, this was it. I took a deep breath and finally said this one little sentence.

“Because….I have fallen for you!”

5 comments:

Chandrasekhar R M said...

Good job mate...finally you got her :-) happy ending !!!

n@veen said...

Nice one da :D Can you actually do this?!! :P

Vijayaragavan said...

Dei..7G Rainbow Colony padatha oru Titanic effectla sollra...Hmmm...Padam paathu kettu pona kootta..:-)..

Dj's Space© said...

Niice :) Excellent movie material :)

A said...

Ahem Ahem! Gops! This needs discussion. Let me know when you are free!